Asphalt Sealer for Sale
Looking for the best asphalt sealer for your needs? This guide will help you make the right choice. Read on to learn everything that you need to know about asphalt sealer.
What is Asphalt Sealer?
Designed to make asphalt last longer, asphalt sealer is the crucial finishing touch to every parking lot, driveway, or any asphalt project. Since asphalt is made of a composite of various materials that are held together by the main asphalt compound, without sealcoating, it is subject to crumbling, cracking or worse, due to exposure to sunlight and the elements. A good layer of sealcoating from a sealcoat sprayer can greatly add to the overall lifespan of your asphalt.
Best Asphalt Sealers - Side by Side Comparison Chart
|Sealcoat Type||Pros||Cons||General Costs||
Overall Time to Cure
|Oil-Based||Bonds well with the asphalt surface, prevents some cracks from forming in the winter, water-resistant, penetrates the asphalt’s surface in order to provide additional protection||Takes a long time to dry, use is restricted in some states due to potential toxins, smells very strongly with a noticeable and recognizable odor||A bit more expensive than some of the other options, expect to pay between $800 and $1,100 for a 55-gallon drum||
Depending on the weather, oil-based sealcoat can take up to several days to cure thoroughly
|*Asphalt Emulsion||Very dark in color, which appeals to some people, no worries about toxic pollution or carcinogenic compounds, Very water-resistant, When mixed with sand or bits of slate creates a non-slip surface||Not as UV-resistant as other options, Will disappear/fade more quickly requiring new application, Can be penetrated by petroleum-based liquids (i.e., car oil leaks)||Tends to be less expensive than other options, Expect to pay between $250 and $350 for a 55-gallon drum||
Only takes eight hours to cure completely
|Coal Tar Emulsion||UV- resistant, water-resistant, also resists oil and other chemicals, very popular due to these properties, Easily extends the lifespan of your asphalt||Some states have banned the use of coal tar emulsion, Product is suspected of causing water pollution, Might release carcinogenic compounds into the air||Although it can vary, depending on your area and current prices, you can expect to pay between $400 and $500 for a 55-gallon drum||
In general, it can around three hours to dry, and as much as four hours depending on the circumstances
|Acrylic||Super durable, available in numerous colors, can stand up to UV light and many different types of weather, most environmentally friendly option||Very expensive, can be hard to find in the color of your choice||Expect to pay over $900 for one 55-gallon drum||
Generally takes between four and 12 hours to fully dry
|Fast Dry||Excellent choice for large sections of asphalt that need to dry quickly, such as popular parking lots and busy stretches of road, sold as an additive||Not the best option for small companies or contractors who are the do-it-yourself types, because it is sold in bulk and designed for large commercial applications||Expect to pay between $100 and $200 for a five-gallon drum of this additive||
Lives up to its name and can dry in as little as 1 hour
Why Asphalt Emulsion Sealer is the Best
Why should you buy your asphalt emulsion sealer from Asphalt Industrial? We’ll keep it simple. Only carry the best asphalt emulsion sealer on the market.
Why our Emulsion Sealer is the best:
- Commercial Grade – The best and highest-quality asphalt sealcoat is commercial grade. It’s designed to hold up to the pressures of plenty of traffic, as well as the heavy vehicles that run on the road.
- Fast Drying – We understand that you need to have your parking lots, runways, and roads operational quickly. Our fast-drying asphalt sealcoat is the best solution.
- Long Lasting – Designed to hold up to wind, rain, snow, and abundant sunshine, this asphalt sealer will protect the surface and add to its longevity.
- High Demand Clients – Our high demand clients required the best asphalt sealcoat in large amounts. We are more than happy to provide every business, from airports to large corporations and even local governments, with the products they need.
Choose Between our Different Packages
No matter how much asphalt sealer you need to purchase, we have options. Some of our most popular packages include:
- 55-Gallon Drum – This package consists of a single drum of asphalt emulsion sealer, which is a good environmentally friendly option. One drum can cover 100 square feet per gallon, so this single drum provides 5,500 square feet of coverage.
- One Skid of 55-Gallon Drums – Designed for slightly larger jobs or for those who want to keep some extra sealer on hand, this package consists of one single skid containing four barrels, each with 55 gallons of sealer. It can provide 22,000 square feet of coverage.
- Four Skids of 55 Gallon Drums – Have a lot of commercial jobs lined up and want to pay a little less per drum? This package of four skids consists of 16 55-gallon drums of asphalt sealer. That’s enough to cover 88,000 square feet.
- 275-Gallon Tote – Meant for large jobs where you need a lot of asphalt sealer to cover plenty of space, this 275-gallon tote can cover 27,500 square feet of coverage.
Best Sealcoat Application Tools
When it comes to applying asphalt sealcoat, you have two main options: squeegees or sprayers. Although sprayers make application much easier, you might only have a small patch of asphalt to coat or hesitate to purchase a sprayer before your asphalt business truly takes off. Either way, you’re going to need one of these applicators.
- Squeegee – Looking for a simple tool that will help you get the job done? Consider one of our Straight-Blade Squeegees. It will help you get the even application that you need to protect that asphalt surface.
- Sprayer – Designed to connect directly to a drum, the AK55 Sealcoat Sprayer makes the job go smoothly and easily. Need a more commercial-job friendly product? Consider the Airboss 300 System.