Emulsion Sealer (55 Gallon Drums)
This is a commercial-grade, professional asphalt sealer. The 55-gallon drum is easy to transport or can be shipped to where you need it. Just like a coal tar sealer, this is a natural product.
What Makes Asphalt Emulsion Sealer Different?
This newer option for pavement sealers provides an alternative to traditional coal tar sealers. Instead of coal, this product is asphalt-based. This is a great option for areas that the EPA strictly governs.
Application and Coverage
This professional-grade pavement sealer is perfect for contractors, parking lot wonder, or property managers. It can be used in a variety of areas including parking lots, driveways, roadways, and runways.
- A gallon of pavement sealer covers around 100 square feet
- One drum will cover 5,500 square feet
This product can be easily sprayed with a pavement sealer sprayer. Other application options include a squeegee or a pavement sealer brush.
When combined with sand or slate, this emulsion sealer provides excellent non-slip coverage.
Like any product, this has its pros and cons.
- At this time, it is only available in the United States and cannot be shipped to Canada.
- Petroleum products and UV rays associated with high sun areas will affect this product more than the traditional coal tar sealer.
- Does not repel gas, kerosene, and motor oil as well as the coal-based option and can absorb more water
- Our coal-based sealer dries in four hours, but this can take up to eight hours.
Despite these few drawbacks, you will see below that the benefits drastically outweigh the drawbacks.
- More environmentally friendly
- No VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)
- Able to be used in areas that coal-based sealer has been banned
- Free shipping to all states except Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Easily cleaned with simple water
- Classified as a non-hazardous material
- Dries for traffic in only eight hours versus the traditional sealer dry time of 24-48 hours.
- Ships to where you need it
- Only requires one coat when applied with a squeegee
- The rich black color makes asphalt look brand new again
- Shipping Weight: 600 lbs.
- Water %: 53 Max, 48 Min
- Non-Volatile %: 52 Max, 47 Min
- Ash %: 39 Max, 35 Min
- Sp. Gr. @ 77°: 1.29 Max, 1.19 Min
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this available?
Thank you for reaching Asphalt Industrial!
Yes, This product is currently available.
Let me know if you have any other inquiries.
Does this product need to be applied right after I receive it? Does it need to be mixed with sand? if so what is the ratio?We recommend the customer use the Asphalt Emulsion Sealer once they receive it. If they intend to store the product regular mixing of the product is needed to avoid any build-up and aggregates to merge into bigger particles.Will they be using a spray system if they intend to mix sand with the sealer? If so, what type of engine and pump will they be using?Sand ratio: two to five pounds of black silica sand per gallon of sealant.