Gator Patch Half Pallet (12 pails)
If you are a contractor or have a very large area of asphalt that is cracked and scaly and needs repairs, one bucket might not be enough. This half pallet of gator patch contains twelve pails! Each bucket covers 20 sf (150 lf), so half a pallet can cover 240sf (1,800 lf). This is perfect for larger jobs!
What is A Gator Patch?
The Gator patch has a mortar-like consistency and is ready right out of the pail. The gator patch dries just like asphalt and can last several years. If you don’t have the money to completely replace asphalt, this is a great solution to get you by for a few years while you save up the money for a full overhaul!
What is Alligator Cracking?
An alligator crack is caused by a structural failure of the area underneath the asphalt or extreme stress. It is called alligator cracking because the asphalt gets little square-shaped cracks that resemble the scales of a crocodile or alligator.
How To Apply
The Gator Patch is easy to apply, long-lasting, and quick drying.
First, clean the cracked area and make sure it is dry. Dirt, plants, and other debris left in the crack can cause the patch to not bond correctly and reduce the effectiveness of the patch. You can use whatever method you are comfortable with, but we suggest using a crack cleaning brush or blower.
Next, Mix the patch material according to the directions on the bucket. Pour the Gator Patch directly onto the cracked surface. Now you spread the material out with a squeegee, removing any excess once complete. Finally, let the patch dry for three or four hours before allowing anyone to drive on the area.
48 hours after applying the patch, we recommend using a coal tar sealer or regular asphalt sealer to make the repair last longer.
- The area is ready for traffic in four hours or less
- Asphalt-like finish
- It Will last 3-4 years
- Good in all climates and weather
- Keep away from children
- Do not store in direct sun or areas that will reach a temperature of 100°F or more
- Wash your tools with soap and water. A solvent can be used on material that has dried hard.
- Avoid applying on wet asphalt, temperatures below 50°F, or on a rainy day or lots of fog.
- Shipping Length: 36
- Shipping Width: 48
- Shipping Height: 33
- Shipping Weight: 724
- Color: Black
- Odor: Bland asphaltic
- Weight per gallon: @ 77°F. ASTM D1010, (lbs) :9.60 ± 0.20
- Nonvolatile %, ASTM D2939: 70.00 - 72.00
- Viscosity @ 77°F, ASTM D562 (Kreb's Stormer Unit): 125 min.
- Penetration (0.1 mm), ASTM D5: Pass
- Resistance to water, ASTM D2939: No blistering, no re-emulsification
- Ductility, 77°F 5 cm/min. cm., ASTM D113: Pass
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Shelf Life (yrs): 1-2
- Cure Time: Dries for traffic in 2-4 hours in normal conditions; Cures completely in 24 hours.
- Minimum Application Temperature: +50°F (DO NOT apply when rain or frost is forecast within 12 hours)
- Application: Cold applied with squeegee
- Clean-up: Water and soap. Use solvent for dried material.
- Note: Coverage up to 20 sq. ft. for patching alligatoring areas and up to 150 linear feet of 1/2" x 1/2" depth cracks per gallon. (Coverage will vary, depending on size and frequency of cracks in alligatored areas." A second application of Gator Patch will give cosmetic benefits in terms of smooth, consistent appearance and virtually hiding the outline of the cracks in the alligatored areas.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.