DIY Patch & Seal Driveway Package
We’ve put together a new package for homeowners who want to DIY asphalt driveway repair.
Introducing the Asphalt Kingdom sealcoating and crack repair package for residential property owners. This package includes one 55-gallon drum of our Asphalt Emulsion Sealer and three buckets of Gator Patch. It also includes a Wire Street Broom, a Sealcoating Squeegee, and a Sealcoating Sealer Brush.
Easy-To Use DIY Sealing and Crack Repair Package
The Asphalt Emulsion Sealer is one of Asphalt Kingdom’s top-selling products and the top choice for property owners. This sealer is stored in a 55-gallon drum, and a single spray can cover as much as 5,500 sq. ft. of pavement, making it a cost-effective option for DIYers.
This is a commercial-grade sealer used by contractors for sealing airport, restaurant, and office building driveways and parking lots. While it can be applied using a spray system, you don’t need to invest in one. Simply dilute it with water and apply using the Asphalt Kingdom's squeegee.
A DIY sealcoating package is incomplete without a great crack repair product like Gator Patch. Each bucket contains 5 gallons of the product that can cover up to 150 linear feet of 1/2" x 1/2" of alligator cracks. This crack filler can withstand the elements once it is fully and properly cured, and it is ideal for use even in areas of your driveway where water pools.
Using the Alligator Asphalt Repair Kit, prep the surface before pouring Gator Patch on the cracks. Spread the thick liquid all over the surface evenly using a squeegee. Get rid of any excess liquid to prevent it from forming into a puddle.
Prepping Your Driveway with the Right Tools
The Asphalt Kingdom Wire Street Broom is a must-have for prepping the surface before applying Gator Patch and Asphalt Emulsion Sealer. This sturdy broom has 3-inch steel wire bristles that can get rid of caked-up mud, loose gravel, loose asphalt, weeds, and more. It can also be used to deep-clean linear and alligator cracks in preparation for crack repair and sealing.
A DIY sealcoat and crack repair package is incomplete without a good Sealcoating Squeegee. Contractors typically use a spray system to apply sealer, but you don't need to invest in one if you're sealcoating your own driveway. Just use our squeegee that is made of sturdy and absorbent neoprene. It applies sealer evenly, and can be used even during a very hot day.
- A single drum of Asphalt Emulsion Sealer can cover up to 2,500 sq. ft. if you're going to apply two coats.
- Gator Patch can be used to repair cracks 1/2-inch wide or more.
- Asphalt Kingdom’s squeegee is light and durable, making it easy to use and maneuver on a driveway. Equipped with a 60" handle.
- The package includes a sealcoating sealer brush that can be used to apply sealer in hard-to-reach areas.
How to Use The Sealcoating and Crack Repair Package
- Clean the surface thoroughly using a wire street brush. Remove weeds, loose rocks and asphalt, and other debris in linear cracks, alligator cracks, and shallow holes. If you have one, make sure to use a blower to get rid of sand and dust.
- Repair potholes with our Cold Asphalt Patch.
- Using a squeegee, cover all cracks with Gator Patch. Let it dry and cure completely.
- Seal the driveway or parking lot with the Asphalt Kingdom’s Asphalt Emulsion Sealer. Use the sealcoating brush to apply sealer in hard-to-reach areas, and wait 24 hours before applying a second. Do not leave a puddle or the sealcoating film will peel.
Benefits of DIY Asphalt Driveway Repair
- Whether you like it or not, asphalt driveways are going to deteriorate sooner or later. But as a homeowner, you have the power to prevent premature deterioration or delay complete erosion with just the simple act of patching and sealing it.
- DIY driveway repair helps you save money. Because you already have the right tools and supplies, you don't have to pay someone else hundreds of dollars to do it for you.
- Small cracks can turn into massive ones and when neglected over the years, they can turn into ugly depressions and potholes. Repairing your driveway now means greater savings later on. Large cracks and potholes are costly to repair, so we recommend that you patch and seal your driveway now.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.